Reasons Why You Should Study Finances
Friday, June 19, 2020
Finances degrees are between the most demanded in the world. So, why don’t check out a bachelor’s degree or a master's degree in finance?
There is a
misconception surrounding finance experts that paints them simply as math nerds. But financial
practical skills and theoretical knowledge amount to more than just a love for mathematical calculations.
Finance is about looking at numbers and data with a critical
perspective, to be able to make decisions with the aim of make the best investment
and money management as possible.
Even if you don’t want to have a career in finance, taking a finance course can have many practical advantages, as finance is aplicable in work and everyday life. We buy, spend earn money, invest our savings and so on.
- Spend money wisely. Acquiring financial skills teaches you about how to use your money smartly, whether you want to save it or spend it.
- Ensure your financial stability. With financial knowledge, you can learn the best way of investing your savings in stocks, mutual funds, or other options, according to your goals and not only relying on the recommendations of a broker.
- Lessen your fear. Having knowledge about financial investment makes you lose your fear in making transactions, as you know how the system goes. Also, you are less likely to run into fraud and you are able to detect a bad deal.
- Many job opportunities. A career in finance has so many possibilities that it’s difficult to choose one. Any company in any industry need or have a finance and accounting department you can work in.
- Having financial backgrounds to climb in a corporate job. One of the essential skills in a Senior financing job which includes management, no matter the project, includes important decision concerning money and budgets or getting funds.
These are the Best Universities to study accounting and finance according to the QS World University Ranking.
- University of New South Wales
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- Monash University
- Australian National University
- University of Queensland
- University of Adelaide
- University of Western Australia
- University of Technology Sydney
- Deakin University