The Graduate Diploma in Taxation in Finances is offered by Curtin University.
Program Length: 1 YEAR.
This specialised and applied course is primarily designed for commerce graduates who are seeking further qualifications or continuing professional development. The Graduate Certificate in Taxation is nested within this course.This course offers an in-depth understanding of taxation principles and applications, building on the graduate certificate to provide knowledge in capital gains, trusts, GST and indirect taxes. You can also tailor the course to suit your specific career goals.
What you'll learn
- Apply principles of taxation law to practical situations and case studies at an applied, professional practice level.
- Read legislation, cases and related taxation materials and critically reflect upon them at an applied, professional practice level.
- Access relevant taxation materials and analyse their content at an applied, professional practice level.
- Use effective verbal and written communication at an applied, professional practice level.
- Use electronic resources to effectively collect information and communicate at an applied, professional practice level.
- Take responsibility for the development of ongoing professional, self-directed and reflective education relating to developments and changes in the taxation industry.
- Utilize a practical approach to the impact of international taxation industry issues and apply a global perspective to the resolution of these issues.
- Recognise that cultural practices and differences impact on how different countries deal with the issue of taxation in an administrative and practical sense.
- Exhibit an ethical approach to analysing taxation issues; solving problems independently or collaboratively; at a professional practice level.